Be calm during Chaos, Always be Fabulous!


Before I get into today’s look, I would like to share a story with you.  

The day started with a high note as Grandma and Pops flew in from their long European trip to visit us, and went to my daughter's gymnastic and dance classes with us.  After class, we went to Chinatown and had DimSum (Chinese brunch)!  

It seemed all fine till we got home.  My daughter said the her tummy hurts.  Sometimes, she could be a little dramatic so I dismissed her several times till she ran into my room where I was relaxing in the bed, and crying “Mommy, my tummy hurts really bad!”.  I jumped out of the bed, and held her.  I said “do you want to throw up?”  She said yes, then it came out…

It was all over bedroom carpet, and VERY messy.  We ran to the bathroom, and mess continued… 

Once I situated her by the Toilet, she finished throwing up, and said “Mommy, I am so sorry!”  I almost cried.  I held her tight, and said “baby, no, you don’t need to say sorry.  Mommy is sorry you are sick.  But Mommy is here, I am going to clean up everything.  everything is going to be okay!”  She felt better, and waited for me to clean her and everything up… It repeated for several times. Finally, she was strong enough to have me gave her a bath.  She felt refreshed, relaxed, and was able to go to sleep.  The whole ordeal lasted almost 4 hours.

As you see, Mommy life is not all fabulous.  Times like this, I will get down and dirty, and get job done!  I know she looks up to me.  I showed her my calmness during chaos.  I hope she learned from it.  Nothing can’t be resolved as long as you stay calm and determined. 

Now, I am back to my fab self to talk about my look of the day (Talking about calm and collected… J which I believe is very important factor of being a chic mom…)



I bought this Rick Owen leather jacket two years ago.  I saw it online at saks, fell in love immediately, and bought it right there. When it arrived.  I was a little disappointed.  From online picture, it looked like made of soft leather.  It actually is very stiff.  However, I still love the uniqueness of the jacket so I kept it anyway.  I never found a way to wear it till today – The jacket is cropped so it wont’ be good for 40 degree weather.  I spotted a ruffle puffy jacket next to it, and put them together…YEAH!!! I am very happy with the look - softness of puffy jacket and Stiffness of the leather jacket complimented each other.  Mix of prints and matt brown leather gave a very edgy look.

I paired them with a black turtle neck sweater, a pair of wide leg jeans, and Chanel black bootie. It is a perfect early fall ensemble!

You can find them from anywhere.  Here is Zara’s link to all turtleneck sweaters. (https://www.zara.com/us/en/search?searchTerm=turtle).   Lucky brand wide leg jeans (https://www.luckybrand.com/wide-leg-denim-crop-trouser-in-sea-lane/7W14050.html?dwvar_7W14050_color=450&cgid=s-womens-jeans-crops-capris).  I found similar style booties in Stuart Weitzman on sale now for 25% off (https://www.stuartweitzman.com/products/atomic-west/black-matte-leather/?DepartmentId=732&DepartmentGroupId=119)

Be chic, be cool, and be happy!

Love you all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chic Fall Fashion - Black and White Layers

IT Jeans with IT bag - hottest trend of 2018

Not your ordinary office attire